In this class your child will:
- Learn to recognize, read, and draw rhythmic values such as the quarter note, eighth note (pair and single), quarter rest, half note, sixteenth notes, and dotted quarter note.
- Recognize the difference between simple and compound meter.
- Learn a variety of traditional and contemporary songs from various places around the world.
- Play more complex accompaniments on non-pitched percussion instruments and xylophone
- Improvise and play simple melodies on the xylophone
- Learn circle and partner dances
- Recognize simple solfege patterns
- Sing the diatonic scale using solfege with hand signs
- Echo 4 beat rhythm patterns and create their own.
- Have a lot of fun playing musical games